- Your shutters and the framework are professionally inspected and removed by our installers.
- Arriving at our factory, we repair and replace damaged or broken louvers, repair or replace tilt rods, upgrade worn or damaged staples, and refurbish any existing tension device.
- Shutter panels are re-glued and reinforced if there are any signs of joint failure.
- We clean all panels with solvent based products to remove dirt, polish and oils that have built up over time. This important step ensures a stable surface for the new finish to bond to, and is frequently overlooked by painters or companies that offer refinishing.
- Next we putty all nicks and dings. Continuing, we thoroughly sand front and back. During the sanding process, some areas will need to be sanded down to raw wood. These areas will be spot primed, and then continue through the sanding process. After a visual inspection, panels move to our spray line, along side our own custom shutters.
- All shutters are painted with our premium water based acrylic paint. Our paint is specially formulated to give a furniture grade finish. Two coats are applied, resulting in the signature finish that we have become known for. Painting the existing hinges completes our attention to detail.
- Upon returning the shutters to your home, we install and adjust all panels, check the soundness of the installation, install new magnets or shutter clips, and check the action of the panels.
Customers are surprised by the final results, many indicating that the shutters look better than when they were installed originally. Please note that this service is available in certain service areas only. Customer delivered refinish is also available.